Glitch. True Story.
Im super bored so I turned on the tv and it was some chick-flicky
show. My tv was glitching or broken on something, so it was stuck on a
clip that kept on repeating. If it was hilariously funny or profound
and deep, I may have tolerated it as a background for my gaming, but
unfortunately, it was neither
The clip featured two girls standing in a line, one blonde and one
brunette. This is the intense dialogue for this fantastically written
scene:
"cute boots! New?"
"ish"
"oh"
Bzzzzz
"cute boots! New?
"ish"
"oh"
Bzzzzz
"cute boots! New?"
"ish"
"oh"
Bzzzzz
Because of these sentences, the longest of which is "cute boots!", I
have been granted an inside look into what Hell was like. I did not
enjoy it. Neither did the shoes that were thrown in an attempt to
silence it by force. Or the pillows. Or books. Or tv screen.
Eventually I had to break the monotony, and thus attempted to turn it
off. The remotes "off" button did not seem to be working, as it does
half the time. I walked over to the tv and hit the off button. The tv
did not turn off.
I decided to let it play on mute, but as the remote is a jackass today
and the tv itself has no mute button, this plan was not carried out.
I spent about ten minutes on the couch mouthing the words the people
were saying and memorizing their every move. After a while I decided
that I was going crazy and if I did not shut the tv up RIGHT THIS
FUCKING SECOND I WAS GOING TO BE STUCK LISTENING TO THE SOUND OF TWO
BITCHES "TALKING" ABOUT BOOTS IN MY HEAD FOR THE REST OF MY FUCKING
LIFE!!!!
I pulled the tv plug out of the wall.
The outlet burst into flames.
I ran to get the fire extinguisher and found a post it that said "note
to self-buy fire extinguisher." it had a date on it. I assume it was
dated so we could remember the times of our fire fighting heroics. It
was dated yesterday. The only person home yesterday was our Brazilian
housekeeper, Esmerelda. This explained why all the words were
misspelled. It did not explain what the fuck had happened to our fire
extinguisher.
I ran to get a bucket to fill with water, but when I tried to turn the
water on, remembered my father telling me in the wee hours of the
morning "the plumber is here to fix the pipes. The water won't work
all day. If theres a fire, use the extinguisher." He actually said
that. As a joke, but still. Unfortunately, there was no extinguisher.
Thanks a lot, Esmerelda.
I ran to the fridge, figuring I could use milk or something. In said
fridge, I spotted a bottle of water. It was in a fancy bottle, but I
had no time to mull over this. I ran to the outlet and poured the
"water" over it.
It exploded.
I noticed a sticker on the bottle reading "Russian Vodka"
At that point, of course, the power went out. Because I don't have
enough fucking problems.
Luckily, the generator kicked in, turning on the lights, and the tv.
And so the horrible sound loop came back
No comments:
Post a Comment