Monday, December 3, 2012

How to be Awkward

I have recently been faced with various awkward situations, and am now compelled to write this list:

1. Don't repeat a sarcastic or funny comment because you think no one heard it. They heard it. It just wasn't funny.

2. When someone says "do you know the song ....." don't start singing the song

3. Don't sing along to a song that you're listening to with headphones

4. Dont say "oo-oo" when you see two people who are of the opposite gender talking (this especially goes for nick)

5. Don't, at all costs, say "so..." during an awkward silence. Or "awkward silence."

6. You know what? Don't say anything during an awkward silence

7. When you ask someone "have you read this book" or "have you seen this movie," and they say "no," do not go into a detailed description of the plot, characters, and your favorite quotes

8. Don't make jokes that you know no one will understand just to look smart

Towards the end, that turned into just stuff I hate. But that list comes later.

Also, this will most likely be updated several times.

UPDATE: hey, look, I'm already updating:

Don't try to understand an inside joke, or be part of it.

I can't believe I forgot to write this, it was the entire purpose of this list to teach Scott to not ask questions about Kiki and Damien. But then I got sidetracked....and whatnot....awkward.


UPDATE:  the ending of the last update.

No comments:

Post a Comment